The Padded Room – Living with Scoliosis

Posted: April 14, 2010 in health, HELL, hope, medications
Tags: , , ,
Our show this Thursday is a must ‘hear’! We will be talking with Ruby Cantu, co-host of The Padded Room.

Ruby has suffered with severe Scoliosis for most of her life.
————————-
Scoliosis:
Definition
By Mayo Clinic staff
Scoliosis is a sideways curvature of the spine that occurs most
often during the growth spurt just before puberty. While scoliosis can be
caused by conditions such as cerebral palsy and muscular dystrophy, the
cause of most scoliosis is unknown.

Most cases of scoliosis are mild, but severe scoliosis can be disabling.
An especially severe spinal curve can reduce the amount of space within
the chest, making it difficult for the lungs to function properly.

Children who have mild scoliosis are monitored closely, usually with
X-rays, to see if the curve is getting worse. In many cases, no
treatment is necessary. Some children will need to wear a brace to stop
the curve from worsening. Others may need surgery to straighten severe
cases of scoliosis.

————————

As shown in the next photos, our Ruby, needed surgeries.

Keith Zieber, our fabulous producer will be helping me, Tracy, interview Ruby!

Ruby is in the ‘hot seat’ and we hope to see you there!!

Blessings and Hope!

Comments
  1. Marya1961 says:

Informative show Tracy!..you and Ruby sounded great. Scoliosis is a difficult thing for many to live with, so glad Ruby is doing better. xo

2. Marya1961 says:

XO

3. Joel Jackson says:

Jesus can certainly straighten out Ruby’s spine and heal Multiple Sclerosis as well. Check out our website http://healethee.wordpress.com/ and submit a prayer request. We’d love to catch your healing on camera!!

Please send Jesus to me, so he can fix me. Jesus knows where I live. I am going to be waiting, but I am not holding my breath because I will die if I hold my breath.

5. Tracy says:

Um, if he can fix it, then why is there Scoliosis and MS to begin with? Just sayin’.

And believe you me, I’ve tried all the ‘in Jesus name’ etc already and still have the MS. I guess if we do not get healed then our faith is not strong enough.

Please explain…

6. Joel Jackson says:

Hi Ruby … no need to be disrespectful though. No one is disrespecting you or what you believe. Lets simply arrange the healing and catch it on camera. You could even film it while we’re praying for you over the telephone. What do you say? Should I post my number here?

7. Joel Jackson says:

@ Tracy … we have actually studied how healing works in the bible. Take the time to look at some of the healings we’ve caught on tape. I’m not here to debate with you about theology or any of that, I’m here to help you if you want it.

My apologies if I come across as disrespectful, not my intention. I’ve had people praying for me all my life and things haven’t improved. There is no cure for my scoliosis…there is only treatment.

9. Tracy says:

Hi Joel, I did look at a couple of your vids. And I can also make my arm seem shorter to longer. I do not mean to be dis-respectful, but I have had ‘well meaning’ Christians tell me my faith is not strong enough, why I got ill.

Faith is not going to cure my MS. There is no cure. And no one can seem to answer why these diseases happen if Jesus can fix them.

Like ruby, I have been prayed for and have had rosaries said for me, even have a cross dipped in holy water from Lourdes France.

Sadly, the MS just gets worse. I’m glad for those who feel this works for them but it is not for me.

Thanks for the offer, but again, not for me.

10. Joel Jackson says:

@ Ruby I appreciate you’re thought and I understand how it can be frustrating when people are suppose to have been praying for you and nothing seems to happen. Understand this though. God is still faithful. And many people don’t understand how healing works in the bible so they do what they know to do and pray as they have been taught by Churches who don’t even know what they’re doing. I’m not being boastful all I’m saying is God is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him Hebrews 11:6. God gives revelation on how to pray for the sick to those who are wanting to learn and will actually put the wisdom into practice. All I can really do is prove to you that its worth giving God one more shot. My number is 310.818.6186. I am 24 and I live in Los Angeles. Call me if you want prayer.

11. Joel Jackson says:

@ Tracy…first of all thanks for your reply. But where does it say in the bible to “repeat rosaries for someone who is sick?” or have a “cross dipped in holy water from Lourdes France?”. These sound like Catholic rituals to me that man made up because God hides wisdom from the wise and reveals it unto babes. I’ve prayed for 3 women that have been healed of MS. I work for the living God Jesus Christ. But if you don’t think we’re legit, there is no amount of rhetoric that is going to convince you. Guess you’ll just have to see what medical science comes up with next for you. God bless.

Thank you Mr. Jackson, but I’m already totally fuckered up, not anything you or “anyone” can do for me, so I will refer the previously well intentioned prayering people to go look up Hebrews 11:6 so they can be rewarded with the same powers of healing that you have been rewarded it. God has had plenty of shots at me, and I’m afraid of what else he may want to send my way…

13. Joel Jackson says:

@ Ruby…I’m sorry you are not convinced Jesus is still a healer. Can’t say I didn’t try. Take care Ruby.

14. Tracy says:

Considering these people did this for me and in my honor and have been around longer than you have graced this world, they did it for their beliefs.

As for the women healed of their MS, good chance they are just in remission. Sorry, but if this was true, we all would be healed.

Yours sounds like a Christian ritual to me and what makes it any better than their Catholic rituals done with love.

It’s all in what your beliefs are, and it does not make them right or wrong. The bible is all about perception and how one perceives it’s word.

Thank you for trying, happy healing Mr. Jackson. 😉

Tracy your problem seems to stem from you hating yourself, you will become hate essentially according to Proverbs 23. A spirit of MS then agrees with you, and begins to manifest itself in you. So your body begins to turn on you because you believe you hate yourself, hence an “autoimmune” disease….please stop hating yourself bitch!

wurd up girl!! Wow, I did this to myself!! 😛

Sadly my problem was loving myself too much I think. lol I wonder if narcissism has the same effect.

I am in shock right now.

I was always taught God was a loving God. But for him to be hateful and allow this seems off to me. hence: A separation from God and His Word

Wow!! This is why people separate from God. Very sad…

Never underestimate the stupidity of idiots.

18. […] July 17, 2010 by Ruby Cantu Last night while skyping with my friend Tracy, she alerted me to a comment on her blog about me. In essence this moron had the ability to cure me of my scoliosis, and better yet, he could do it over the phone. Like I’m really just going to pick up the phone and call a kid out who knows where and believe he has the cure. Where do this people come from? What makes them tick that way? How do they come to believe that they can blow on someone’s feet and make a leg grow a couple of inches? What are they smoking? I want some funny stuff to smoke too…but that could be dangerous…can you imagine the stupidity that would come out of my mouth if I smoked anything funny, as it is I can spew stupidity without any help. You can go here and read all about it….Living with scoliosis […]

19. Dodie says:

Guess he’d think he could heal my muscular dystrophy, scoliosis, & stage IV ovarian cancer….lol. Don’t think so cause I’ve been prayed for and prayed over with hands layed on me too. I pretty much lost my religion and part of my faith too.

Great replies ladies!!!

Guess we need a four way!

21. […] 19, 2010 by Tracy To understand this one must read here, and look to the […]