Moon – 2009

Posted: July 18, 2010 in Movies, Science Fiction
Tags: , ,

The moon is now supplying energy to Earth and Sam Bell [Sam Rockwell] is finishing up his 3 year contracted lonely job. His only ‘real’ companionship is GERTY, [the voice of Kevin Spacey] a computer assistant. He cannot wait to get home to his wife Tess and their young daughter. He gets the occasional video mail to keep in touch.

He heads out to check on a malfunction with one of the harvesters, and an accident occurs. He awakens in the infirmary and is told by GERTY that he needs to remain in the station to rest and heal and to not go outside. He is told that a rescue ship, ELIZA, is on the way to clean up the aftermath of the accident. Thinking something is wrong he makes an unauthorized trip to the ‘moon car’ and the harvester where the accident occurred. What he finds there will change who he is forever, and he realizes he has to find a way to get back home.

******************************

This was pretty good movie. I was in a sci-fi mood yesterday and after Pandorum watched this. It kept me wanting to know what was going to happen next and who he really is/was. Sam Rockwell did an outstanding job with this movie. Again, for the sci-fi lover in you, Moon is a must see.

Blessings and Hope!

Comments
  1. Joachim Boaz says:

This is a wonderful movie…. I was quite impressed. Did you know that Duncan Jones (the director) is David Bowie’s son?

2. Frannie says:

I so don’t like Sci-Fi.. thats just something I cannot get Into. But yet I use to love watching The X files…LOL, go figure!

This is more than just sci-fi. It’s a huge mind fu**. lol
      Basically he finds out he is not who he thinks he has been. If that makes any sense. I do not want to give anything away.

3. Joachim Boaz says:

He didn’t like being called Zowie so he changed his name — and his last name’s his mother’s — or else he would be Zowie Bowie (which is absolutely horrid).

I like Sam Rockwell, but not scifi…does sound interesting….

okay…I like to get mindfucked every so often….I’ll have to check it out

6. Marya1961 says:

Hey, I remember Bowie having a son named Zowie…interesting!…will also add this as I do like sci-fi…do you watch the SyFy channel much?

xo

7. Joachim Boaz says:

Have you seen the new Christopher Nolan film Inception? That’s a real “mind fuck”.

8. Joachim Boaz says:

I have to admit, Moon’s minimalism and low budget made me fall in love…. SO much of Hollywood is afflicted with a virulent strain of Michael Bay syndrome 😉

9. Joachim Boaz says:

Foreign films for me… But sometimes…. But, occasionally I’ll watch a more mainstream sci-fi or historical type of film…

10. Joachim Boaz says:

Foreign films for me… But, occasionally I’ll watch a more mainstream sci-fi or historical type of film…